Located at no. 43, renmin road (now 1265), yiyuan has a total area of 6270 square meters. It was built during the reign of emperor guangxu of the qing dynasty. As a result of the late construction of the garden, the director of all gardens, such as cloisters, mandarin duck hall, rockery, marble boat, etc. It was listed as the cultural relic protection unit of suzhou city in 1963 and the cultural relic protection unit of jiangsu province in 1982.
Yiyuan was built in the late qing dynasty from 1874 to 1882. Gu wenbin, zhejiang ningshaotai road, was built on the site of wu kuan's old house in the Ming dynasty with a cost of 200,000 yuan.
Birth presided over by a third child Gu Cheng wen-bin gu build, the painter Ren Fu long, Gu Yun, wang yunwu, Fan Yin springs, Cheng Tinglu participate in planning design, a stone garden pavilion are to draw up the first revision, after consultation with wen-bin gu. After the garden was finished, many famous jiangnan scholars came to the fair and became famous for a while. In the 21st year of guangxu (1895), gu heyi, the son of gu chengzhi, and wu da, lu lianfu, zheng wenzhuo, wu changshuo and other chuangyi garden paintings were collected in the garden. Mid-Autumn, 1919, grace, the Lord for carrying forward the culture of a harp, and QinGu Ye Zhangbo, wu Yang, Wu Lansun and others, invited Shanghai, yangzhou, chongqing, hunan guqin players more than 30 people, meet grace will held a harp, after the meeting, Li Zizhao as long grace jean will figure, fostered numerous eminent people like wu changshuo as "grace jean would be" long to tzu chi shing. Gu linshi inscribed a poem in the "yi yuan qin hui tu" in memory of "the moon and the bright night when nothing happened, to listen to the yujian luquan qin", which was passed on as a good story. The whole activity has written a new chapter in the history of Chinese modern piano science. Since then, yiyuan piano club has become a fixed activity for the gathering of piano friends. In 1935, the qin family set up the "present yuqin club" in yayuan, in order to promote the development and exchanges of daxing's piano science. However, due to war and social unrest, yi yuen will gradually mute her voice. After gu heyi died of illness, the garden gradually declined. During the Japanese puppet period, the destruction was especially severe. In the 1940s, yiyuan's various dramas became a place of amusement, known as "suzhou big world". In September 1949, the 9th regiment department of the second corps of east China university of military affairs was stationed here. 1950 the new suzhou daily set up this. In December 1953, gu gongshuo, the son of gu heyi, and others dedicated yiyuan to the country. The resident units will be moved out, and the municipal government will allocate funds to visit after maintenance. In 1992, enjoys a good reputation both at home and abroad the guqin world famous guqin home, wu door is the representative figure of jean sent Wu Zhaoji, famous guqin zhong-wei xu, leaf page, and wu door piano club violin friend dozen people readily invited, will renew grace jean, whereas the ancient piano for many years and echo in grace, stretch up to now.